Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's the deal?

So, why a blog about mountain dew? Why try to go where no person has successfully gone before ? See mountaindew.blogspot.com, mountain-dew.blogspot.com, and of course mountain_dew.blogspot.com ... or better yet, don't - they all were born and died in 2002 after just one or two posts. And yet, they're still out there, which just shows that once somebody puts something out on the internet, it's hard to get rid of it - of which they'll be saying about this blog at one point.

Back to the point of this post - what's the point of this blog? Well, the goal is 150 posts within a year, and 100 people signed up as following this blog. What will that get me? My hope is that if I can blog about mountain dew during this entire time, with all those people signed up to read the posts, Pepsi will send me a year's supply of mountain dew. And I don't mean coupons for dew, or a six-pack / twelve-pack, but a Pepsi truck pulling into my driveway and unloading a ton of this stuff - along with some diet-Pepsi for my wife.

That's it. Will it happen, probably not, but we all have hopes and dreams. But first, I need 100 people signed up to follow this blog (and I won't sit back creating alias email addresses myself) and a year's worth of writing, at about 3 posts per week. At that point, I'll put the pressure on Pepsi for the Dew.

As for my current entry and it's relavance to Dew ... I've tried the "Diet Mountain Dew Ultra Violet" and it's not bad. Actually, I've only tried it mixed with regular Dew (should I caps the "d" in Dew or not?) and I've found 1) it's not bad, actually it's pretty good and 2) combining the light green of regular Dew with the blue/purple of Ultra Violet Dew makes a truly awful color. But I like the flavor.

So, why the limited production and no advertising for Ultra Violet Dew? What's the deal?

1 comment:

  1. The first time I read of your mixing the dews, I thought of the time I found you mixing diet and regular and the rock solid logic behind it and realized this was another instance of an awesome pepsi flavor idea that won't make it. However, it's on the Internet now, so it is only a matter of time before we see the seasonal brew if mountain dew Dave on the shelves!!!!!

    ReplyDelete